Thursday, August 31, 2017

In case you want to give me money for no reason.

First of all, thank you for reading this far.

My goal for my blog is to take the show on the road. A lot of my writing is related to current events and racial tensions within the US. With additional funding, I'd be able to travel to actual hot spots in the United States to not only write about but record the things I think people need to see and hear. Social media is a great tool for modern day writers but there is no substitute for actual boots on the ground.

I also want to use this funding to start and maintain a not-for-profit organization that helps my local community, Houston, Texas. Community outreach has always been a goal of mine. Now, with the devastation wrought by Harvey, it seems like time for me to step up and do my part. I'm currently working on a project with this in mind that I'll be unveiling in the next few days. I'm very excited about it and I hope you will be, too!

I'm an artist, as well as an aspiring author, so I will on occasion post my artwork and fictional works. I'm currently writing a novel, a sort of cyberpunk post-apocalyptic western adventure, that I hope to be able to make available to people soon. Still lots of writing to be done but it's coming along nicely.

I have many irons in the fire and being able to monetize my writing would go a long way towards me completing my goals. Anything helps and I'm thankful for it.

And, of course, feel free to give me absolutely nothing and read my blog anyway. I'm not blocking anything off. I'll be thinking about rewards for patrons but I figured we'd cross that bridge if/when we came to it.

Here's the link - 

No comments:

Post a Comment