Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, the whisky sour, and me.

I feel as though I've been robbed.

I've been drinking whisky as long as I've been drinking. It's my jam AND my jelly. And yet, I had never discovered the whisky sour. Lemon juice, whisky, and a spoonful of sugar. That's it. I use simple syrup, because I'm a drunk with a full bar, but still... You could just use, or make, syrup.

So, as long as you have whisky, half a lemon, and a spoonful of sugar, you can always make this drink. It is fucking DELICIOUS and I'm embarrassed that I have only just now discovered this amazing beverage.

So.

Bourbon to taste (Me? 3 shots.).

Lemon to taste (Me? 1 shot.).

Simple syrup (Me? 1/2 a shot.).

Shake 20 seconds.

Garnish with a lemon peel.

Add Perrier/Pellegrino to taste.

I serve mine in a chilled mason jar because I'm half Texan and half pretentious ass douche.

Muah,

And I'm still here. Still lurking. Still reading. Still writing.

- Soos

P.S.

Sometimes you have to laugh at yourself. As I reread my whisky sour induced review of the whisky sour I realize that the title only makes sense if you are me. Which you are not. So. Here is the anecdote that I read that inspired not only this post but the four drinks that preceded it.

https://tohaveandhaveanother.wordpress.com/2013/10/30/the-hemingway-and-fitzgerald-whisky-sour/

- Soos

No comments:

Post a Comment