Saturday, November 12, 2016

Social Insecurity.

I'm writing this post from a hospital room. No, not mine. Sorry to disappoint you Alt-Right fucks that keep sending me death threats. Here lies a relative. She's in ICU and thus oblivious to the changes that have befallen her world. As she struggles to overcome her injuries, sustained because no one checked the drug interactions before she was given her medicine, she's not worried about her social security. We are, to be sure. She, however, was dead for about ten minutes before they revived her and because of this she isn't quite aware of Trump's plans. Hopefully, her brain damage isn't too severe... or she might leave this hospital a Trump supporter herself.

I envy her slightly. Odd, I know. Why would I be envious of someone that is possibly suffering from anterograde amnesia? Well, if I told her right now that when she left this hospital she would probably not have her social security much longer she might be horrified. She might even cry, wail, and otherwise lament this new calamity that had assailed her. She would then fall asleep, wake up, and have no memory of that grave event. Though she falls asleep in Trumpland she does not wake up in it. That has to be some comfort. I'm sure some reading this can relate to the bliss of such an ignorance. Would you know it, though?

Of course, I'm being dramatic. I don't want tubes sticking out of my throat. I don't want nurses wiping my ass. I would be immensely upset with having to speak to my children in whispers from a hospital bed. The last thing I would want to hear is that when, indeed if, I managed to pull myself up out of my bed, rip the tubes from my trachea and the IV needles from my hands, and walk out of this hospital with my head high, I would then find myself without my sole source of income. Old, lost, sick, and forgotten. This is her reality now. What a slap in the face that this poor woman is fighting for her life and her health while the rug is being pulled from under her by some white men in suits who's only interest is lining their pockets.

But, hey, at least you get your wall, right?

Except you don't.

Even now, Trump is hedging on his promise of wall building. Newt, a man who fits his name more perfectly than if Mitch McConnell were actually called "Turtle", described it as a "campaign device" that Trump would not be putting much time into building or making the Mexicans pay for. The Mexicans who quite clearly stated they aren't paying for our fucking wall. And why would they? Did anyone actually stop to think about how we were going to get another country to pay for a wall that we wanted to build to keep them out? Or did everyone just jump on the "Trump train"?

Toot toot. All aboard the bullshit express. Next stop change.

What a bunch of suckers you all are

Look at your working class heros, LAUGHING AT YOU.

                                       

2 comments:

  1. Well written. Well said. You have a talent bro. Thanks for sharing. ��������✊��

    ReplyDelete